Clearing Your Browser's Cache
To clear your desktop browser's Cache:
- Close every browser window and tab that are currently running.
- Please make sure that no instance of the browser is left in memory (right click your your mouse and select Start Task Manager).
- Open the browser on a blank page. If your browser's homepage is Wix, close this tab and open a new blank tab.
- Open the cache-cleaning dialog using
Ctrl+shift+del (this goes for Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome) then:
- In Internet Explorer: Make sure that
Temporary Internet Files is checked in the dialog. Then click Delete.
- In Firefox: Make sure that the
Time range to clear combo-box is set to Everything. This is vital. Also make sure that, of the available checkboxes, Cache is checked. Then click Clean now.
- In Chrome: Next to
Obliterate the following items from, click the drop-down menu and select the beginning of time option. Make sure to check the box next to Cached images and files then click Clear browsing data.
- In Safari (using PC): Click the
Alt key to open the top left menu bar. Hover over Edit and click on Empty Cache.
- In Safari (using Mac): Click Cmd+, to open the pop-up and then click on the Advanced tab. Check the box for Show Develop menu in menu bar box and close the window. Click on Develop and then click Empty Caches.
- In Internet Explorer: Make sure that Temporary Internet Files is checked in the dialog. Then click Delete.
- After all this, close the browser and re-open it.