- Text Eden Spivak
- Images Liron Gispan
- Date April 24, 2018
- Est Read time 4 min
- Illustration author Mor Zohar
When you come across something that you absolutely love, you know you just have to have it for yourself. It’s like the sudden urge to board a plane the moment you see a friend’s pictures from a remote village in the Himalayas. The same thing happens when visitors browse your online portfolio, swooning over your works: they need your creations framed and hung up on their walls. And they need them now.
This is where Wix Art Store comes in. This commission-free tool allows you to sell prints of your art directly from your site without any of the hassle of running a business. This way, you can keep doing what you do best: imagine and invent.
Your art, your rules
Kale is slightly more expensive than lettuce, and this new drawing tablet is not going to pay for itself – so some extra bucks on the side are always welcome. Yet, while a prospective source of cash flow for you, Wix Art Store puts your work – and not sales – at the forefront. So rest assured that your masterpieces are showcased in the highest image quality, giving them the platform they deserve. As for the design of your store – it remains in your hands, enabling you to pick a layout and customize it so that it’s aligned with the rest of your portfolio. And since your visitors might love your work even on the go, remember that Wix Art Store is also mobile-friendly.
Once you set up the design, you can name your prices and decide on the products you want to offer. Each of your designs can be sold as prints (framed or unframed), tote bags, canvases, ceramic mugs and much more – it’s your call. We work with high-end printing services and high quality materials, so that your customers receive your work at its absolute best. Cherry on this (bountiful) cake: you can also sell digital licenses of your work, in case you want to offer visitors the rights to use your designs or photographs for their own needs.
Share your creations, don’t run a business
The best things are done sitting down: indulging in coffee and cake, series binging, and operating an online art store. When your works are up and orders start pouring in, you can remain comfortably in your chair, with none of the running around for printing houses, bubble wrap and postage stamps. Wix Art Store operates with trusted providers worldwide, so that payment processing, printing, packaging, shipping and customer support are all taken care of for you. This makes setting up a store and selling your creations entirely effortless on your part. Did we mention that the app is free to install and to run? Other than very minimal production costs, all profits go directly to you.
How to create your own Art Store
Setting up your Wix Art Store is easier than… well, easier than pretty much everything we can think of, and it will only require a few minutes of your time.
– Add Wix Art Store to your site by searching for it on the left side of your Wix Editor under ‘Add Apps’ – or directly from here.
– Activate your store by opening ‘Settings’ and ‘Store’ and clicking on ‘Start Now’. Afterwards, you will be prompted to choose if you want to sell digital images or both digital images and prints.
– While still in the ‘Store’ section, a three-step guide will lead you through the setup process. Start by uploading the designs you want to sell. Needless to say, you must have the right to sell these images.
– After uploading your work, customize the display by choosing a layout and adjusting it to your needs. Here you can also add a watermark to your images.
– It’s time to name your prices! Go to ‘Set Pricing’, where you will be able to select the licenses or products you want to offer and define your profit margin for each of them by clicking on ‘Edit’. For prints and products, keep in mind that the shipping cost will be added to the final price based on your customer’s location.
– Once you have set your prices, go to ‘Manage Store’ and enter your business information and payment details. You will be notified of each purchase on the email that you enter here.
– Your store is now up and running. Make sure your website is published and spread the word!
Feeling this online print galore? Set up your Wix Art Store now!