There’s nothing like announcing a new feature, especially when we know so many of you were looking forward to :)
Drop down menus are now available on HTML5 websites!
Drop down menus are a great way save space on your website and neatly organize subcategories. Drop-down menus also improve a website’s usability by reducing the numbers of clicks from the main navigation menu.
Websites that have a large number of pages, or that require organizing content into different themes, can benefit a great deal from using drop down menus to improve the overall user experience. And now to the juicy part:
How to Add a Drop Down Menu to Your HTML5 Website
- In the HTML5 editor, click on Pages.
- The pages window that now opened shows all the pages that currently exist in your template (Home, About, Contact, etc.). Let’s say you want to add a sub page to the About page.
- Click on About in the Pages menu.
- Now click on the Add Page link.
- You can now choose the layout to your new sub-page and name it.
- Check the “Add as sub page” checkbox and click OK.
- You will now see that the sub-page has been added to your menu, right below the About page.
- Save your website.
And that’s it! If you go to the preview mode you’ll see that the-sub page you added is viewable through the drop-down menu.
If you’re adding a drop down menu to your HTML5 website, please share it with us here in the comments!