Music joints, open-air cinemas, yoga studios, stand-up comedy clubs, evening schools, circuses, art galleries – what do they all have in common? They all post their event calendars online, inviting the public to join their activities.
If your business is like that as well, you need to get your calendar online. By adding a calendar to your website, you invite your website visitors to see and take an interest in your future events in the easiest way possible.
With the recently introduced calendar add-on, integrating a calendar into your Wix HTML5 website is easier than ever before. Just follow these steps and you’re good to go!
How to Add an Event Calendar to Your HTML5 Website
1. Set up a Google calendar and add all relevant events that you’d like to share online. If you already have a Google calendar – see item 2.
2. Open your HTML5 template in the Wix website builder.
3. You can decide now whether you’d like to create a unique page for the calendar, or add it to an existing page. We recommend you create a new page for it.
4. Once you picked the spot, click “Add” and choose “AddOn”.
5. In the “AddOn” menu, choose “Event Calendar”.
6. Click “Add to Page” to approve the app.
7. Now that the calendar has been added to your website, you can customize it. Start by clicking “App Settings” in the Event Calendar box.
8. Click “Connect Account” to integrate your Google calendar. This process is completely safe. Wix will NOT have access to your Google password.
9. A “Google Accounts” window will pop up and request that you authorize the process. If you have multiple Google accounts, you will be asked to choose which would you like to connect and then click “Allow Access”.
10. Back in the Wix editor, you can now customize the looks of your calendar. You can choose the view mode, background colors and text colors.
11. You can always click “disconnect account” if you want to remove the Google calendar info from your website.
12. As always, you can move it around the page or play with its size by dragging and dropping the calendar.
And that’s it! Enjoy your new gorgeous calendar page.
Get the latest and freshest content on creating
& marketing your Wix website.