- Event - a type of gathering an individual or a business holds for a group of people. Our APIs support the following types of events:
- Ticketed events: Events which have tickets for sale (e.g., a conference).
- Ticket definition - the settings that define the ticket options available for purchase for ticketed events. Name, price and currency are required for each ticket definition.
- Policy - free-text that defines terms & conditions and other policies, as relevant.
A Wix service fee of 2.5% is charged for each ticket sold. This fee can either be passed on to the buyer or absorbed by the event owner.
The Wix Events APIs include:
- Tickets: Manage purchased tickets.
- Ticket Definitions: Create and manage the types of tickets available for purchase.
- Policies: Create and manage event policies.
- Checkout: Create and manage reservations.
- Orders: Manage and track ticket orders.
Was this helpful?