This reference focuses on how you can use Velo to interact with custom elements. This reference provides only basic instructions for actually creating custom elements. For complete instructions and examples, see MDN documentation.
- Learn more about using custom elements with Velo.
- This FAQ provides more information including some technical tips for getting started.
The general flow for working with custom elements and Velo is:
- In the Wix Editor's Add panel, add a custom element to the site. In Choose Source's Element Settings, connect the custom element's code to the custom element added to your page on the site.
- Using Velo, set up interactions between your site and the custom element. You can code event handling and additional functionality for the custom element.
You can define
seoMarkup for SEO support on custom elements.
- Custom elements don't work when previewing your site.
- Custom elements don't have a defined width, however, you can define the width inside its class constructor. For example, add
this.style.width = '726px';inside your class constructor, where
'726 px'is the width of your specific custom element.
- Custom elements are supported only for premium Wix users on sites with their own domain and with Wix ads removed.
- See this FAQ for more prerequisites and limitations.
Was this helpful?