Transfer domain from wix
Ticket by myjcrochet
August 30, 2014
I want to move my domain away?
Reply from carleysa
August 31, 2014
Thank you for contacting us.
You are welcome to transfer a domain, that you purchased from Wix, to another host. Before you begin, please check the following:
1. In accordance with ICANN rules, you will only be able to transfer your domain 60 days after purchasing it from Wix. Please make sure that 60 have indeed passed before you begin the transfer process.
2. If you have selected Private Registration for your domain, you will need to temporarily disable this option before transferring.
Once you are ready to transfer the domain out of Wix, please follow the steps below:
1. Sign in to your Wix account > from the top menu, hover over Subscriptions > click Domains.
2. Under My Domains, next to the domain that you would like to transfer, click Manage.
3. In the Domain Summary window, click the Advanced tab > on the right, click Transfer away from Wix > click Send.
An email code will be sent to your email address. This code should be forwarded to your new domain host.
You can also view our tutorial on this topic here. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.