Transferring Your Wix Domain Away from Wix
If you have purchased a domain from Wix, it is possible to transfer it to another domain host, if necessary.
Important: We do not recommend transferring your domain away from Wix. If you transfer your domain away from Wix, it is no longer automatically connected to your site. You must connect it manually to Wix's name servers.
To transfer your Wix domain away from Wix:
- Hover over the Subscriptions tab.
- Click Domains
- Click the relevant domain.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Transfer away from Wix.
- Click Send Code.
Note: An email code is sent to your email address. This code should be forwarded to your new domain host.
- In accordance with ICANN rules, you cannot transfer your domain in the initial 60 days after purchasing it from Wix.
- Make sure to turn off your domain's auto-renewal in your Wix account.
- If you have private domain registration, you need to temporarily disable this option before transferring.
Note: If you wanted to transfer a non-Wix domain which you connected to your Wix site, you need to contact your domain host for assistance with disconnecting your domain from Wix.