Transferring Your Wix Domain Away from Wix
If you have purchased a domain from Wix, it is possible to transfer it to another domain host, if necessary.
Important: We do not recommend transferring your domain away from Wix. If you transfer your domain away from Wix, it is no longer automatically connected to your site. You must connect it manually to Wix's name servers.
To transfer your Wix domain away from Wix:
- Sign into your Wix account.
- Hover over the Subscriptions tab.
- Click Domains
- Click the relevant domain.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Transfer away from Wix.
- Click Send Code.
Note: An email code is sent to your email address. This code should be forwarded to your new domain host. You may not receive the email immediately, but you can expect to receive it on the same day.
- In accordance with ICANN rules, you cannot transfer your domain in the initial 60 days after purchasing it from Wix.
- Make sure to turn off your domain's auto-renewal in your Wix account.
- If you have private domain registration, you need to temporarily disable this option before transferring.
- The transfer process is automatic and usually takes about 7 days.
- As the domain is being transferred away from Wix, Wix is unable to track the status of the transfer. Please contact the receiving domain host for updates on the transfer.
Note: If you wanted to transfer a non-Wix domain which you connected to your Wix site, you need to contact your domain host for assistance with disconnecting your domain from Wix.