Walk-Through: Connecting Your Domain Using Name Servers
The following article is designed to walk you step-by-step through the process of connecting a domain purchased from another domain host to Wix's name servers.
You can connect your domain in two ways:
- Connect your domain to Wix's name servers (recommended).
- Point your domain to Wix's IP (not recommended). For more information, click
Tip: You can purchase a domain directly from Wix! Click here to learn more.
Connecting Your Domain Using Name Servers
Important: When you connect a domain to Wix's name servers, the domain name remains hosted by your hosting company, but the control of your domain records is transferred to Wix.
- Sign in to your Wix account.
- Hover over the Subscriptions tab.
- Click Domains.
- Click Connect a domain you already own.
Note: If you already have a domain in your account, click Add Domain, and then click Connect a domain you already own.
- Select the site that you want to connect the domain to.
Note: If you've already connected a domain, you might not see this step.
- Click Next.
- Enter the domain name.
- Click the drop-down menu to select where you purchased the domain from.
- Click Next.
- Follow the instructions in the step-by-step instructions provided.
Note: Click the arrows to move from step to step.
- After completing the last step, click Next.
- Click Close.
Important: If you select Other in step 8, you do not see the step-by-step instructions. Simply log in to your domain host account and update the name servers according to the instructions provided. Once you have done so, click Next and then click Close.
Tip: Not working? Click here to troubleshoot your domain connection.