Wix is a proud & happy company providing a world class website building platform to over 160 million users in 190 countries. We are the team of more than 3000 professionals globally and around 160 in Vilnius. The team that powers it is a colorful group of professionals who bring their passion, skill & innovation to ensure Wix provides a product that people love to use. We function like a start-up – which means you’ll have the chance to make a real impact.
We are Wix.com’ Production Engineering team. We’re responsible for day-to-day management of large-scale mission-critical production systems running on public clouds as well as in our own data centers. We monitor, manage and maintain the global infrastructure that makes Wix tick. We’re looking for a solution oriented System Engineer to join our professional team.
- Comfortable working with Debian-based Linux flavors
- Passionate about automating complex tasks to make life simple
- Experienced with at least one programming language - Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.
- Have a good grasp on how core Linux subsystems work
- Experienced with running production systems on public clouds
- Experienced with configuration management tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible
- Experienced with provisioning tools such as Terraform/CloudFormation
- Knowledgeable of Networking foundations and how the WWW works: IP protocol in general and DNS/HTTP(S) in particular, load-balancing, routing
Great if you are:
- Experienced with scalable web applications composed of micro services
- Knowledgeable or super-passionate about Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant and other container-based technologies
- Experienced with either RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ or Kafka
- Experienced with monitoring tools like Nagios, Sensu, Grafana
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Build multi-data center architecture with hundreds of servers.
- Quickly identify and resolve infrastructural bugs.
- Get a chance to work with virtually all aspects of our rapidly-developing infrastructure.
- Drive the success of our systems’ advancements, cooperating with the development, support and QA teams.
- Support and provide tools for our developers in their day to day production needs