Head of Content
The Writers’ Guild at Wix - a group of 150+ amazing content creators from all over the world who are passionate about the written word. We work on all types of text from marketing and UX to knowledge base and internal communications in over 20 languages.
Wix is a user-obsessed organization and the textual conversation we have with our users through product, UX, customer care and marketing is a major part of our success and vision. We work in a fast-paced, exciting environment where things are always changing and there’s never a dull moment. Join us to lead and shape the way our text impacts everyone who reads it.
An experienced, strategic & strong leader who can take charge in an organization where everybody is hands-on. You’re independent, a master of ownership and accountability with excellent writing skills and a high degree of content development experience (least 7 years). You have an exceptionally strong foundation in storytelling, love to stretch your content-development muscles and remove friction via words. You have a deep understanding of and passion for product, marketing and technology.
You’re a native English speaker who has managed content strategy in global product-driven companies with a strong web presence. You’re creative, collaborative and know how to lead, empower and grow super strong people. You have demonstrated success in crafting stories and publishing content, and have a track record in managing individuals, as well as managing managers.
A self-starter with excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail, you’re experienced in and passionate about working collaboratively and cross-functionally with an array of internal and external teams. You’re totally comfortable working in a fast paced, sometimes chaotic environment that requires flexibility and a startup mindset.
As Head of content , you will:
- Own content quality at Wix, assuring it meets the highest benchmark that exists.
- Take ownership of building, growing and empowering a very strong team of writers and managers.
- Develop and oversee the Wix content methodology.
- Integrated Wix’s content strategy and ensure it’s applied to and aligned with Wix’s overall objectives.
- Take the professional lead of 150 amazing content creators across the company.
- Manage and mentor the guild leadership team.
- Work closely with Wix Heads of Business, as well as with the UX, Product and R&D leaders.
- Bring the perspective and insights of an experienced writer, content strategist, brand advocate, and Editor to the process.
- Help content teams establish frameworks that hold our content to high standards of clarity, effectiveness, and style.