Database Infrastructure Engineer
Wix’s Database Team, a group of talented professional DB Engineers who are part of Wix’s Infrastructure group. We take charge of production databases on AWS/GCP Cloud platforms in terms of deployment, development, management, and monitoring.
We work with Systems, DevOps Production Engineers and R&D on all of our databases’ infrastructure & applicative elements.
A diligent self-starter and fast learner with infrastructure knowledge in Unix/Linux systems. You have 2+ years of in-depth production experience in PostgreSQL and worked with cloud systems like AWS RDS/Aurora. In addition, you have experience with at least one programming language (Bash, Python, GoLang) and have handled Data Modeling, Performance tuning, High Availability and Backups.
Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following:
- Postgres RDS/Aurora
- Working in production environments.
- Automation with ansible/jenkins
As a Wix DataBase Engineer, you will:
- Help build and manage large scale Database systems.
- Work with developers in modeling, creating and maintaining data structures.
- Quickly identify and resolve production issues.
- Help automate and develop our internal systems.
- Provide on call support.