Wix’s Backend Editor team, where lead developers shape the architecture of our backend microservices. We work on some of the most important and critical services at Wix, developing and maintaining highly scalable systems that support Wix’s 160+ million users—and the people who visit their websites. Our development culture is transparent, highly technical, and agile. Because we ship often, we’ve adopted continuous delivery and test-driven development (TDD). We code for JVM, mostly in Scala and also for Node.js.
We’re also mentors, helping less-experienced engineers improve and hone their skills so that they can eventually be tech leads themselves. We strive to hire bright engineers who have ‘fire and forget’ abilities, and who are independent, innovative, and bold.
A passionate developer with at least 3 years’ experience in Scale/Java/C++/C#. You can reason and communicate your opinions, as well as accept others’ approaches. You’re proactive, never taking the present state for granted and always striving to understand why things are done the way they are.
You’re a clean coder with readable, beautiful, and maintainable code. You recognize bad code and continuously search for better solutions. You’re deeply familiar with the tools, libraries, and frameworks that you’ve worked with, and with POSIX production environment. You’re also able to debug and investigate production issues.
Bonus points if you:
- Can understand and write multi-threaded code, specifically a web server's request lifecycle.
- Have practiced TDD.
- Have contributed to open-source software.
- Have a good understanding of database systems, relational and otherwise, including sharding for big data applications.
As a Backend Developer, you will:
- Work on cutting-edge technologies and become an industry leader.
- Improve your skills and learn from top-notch engineers.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Push your code to millions of users every day.
- Write TDD and clean code.