The Legal team at Wix. We deal with some of the biggest legal challenges of the information age, giving us new insight into legal issues, expecting the unexpected, and adding more tools to our legal toolkit so we can handle anything. Wix’s innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers to tackle tough legal challenges where innovative, cutting-edge technology faces the law.
We are continuing to grow our legal team as we continue to grow our company. As part of our team, you should come ready to collaborate with our global workforce and embrace the dynamic culture we’ve created.
An enthusiastic and passionate attorney with at least 2-4 years' experience providing legal advice and supporting strategy in the areas of employment/labor law and commercial transactional law. You are practical, logical and analytical, have creative problem-solving skills, and are an effective and straightforward communicator. You are confident and comfortable balancing legal risks against business needs and creatively strategizing with various internal teams. You are a quick learner who is eager to take on new challenges, even if it means long working hours. You are excited to help shape U.S. compliance strategy for a fast-paced, high-tech company.
- Have a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Have membership to at least one U.S. state bar, preferably California.
- Have at least 2-4 years' experience working in a leading law firm (or combination of law firm and in-house experience).
- Have comprehensive knowledge of U.S. federal and state employment/labor laws (at a minimum CA, bonus points for NY or other states).
- Have experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating documents for a wide range of commercial transactions.
- Have sound judgment, practical problem-solving skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
As the Legal Counsel, You Will:
- Work closely with various teams across the company, including HR, Finance, Operations, and Procurement.
- Provide legal advice and support for all U.S. employment/labor matters.
- Develop, review, and update all employment-related documents, from offer letters to employee policies.
- Provide legal advice and support for procurement and ongoing operations of the company, by drafting, revising, and negotiating varied commercial agreements.
- Support and impact continuous improvement of template documents, internal processes, and overall company compliance strategy as they relate to U.S. employees and operations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.