Payments by Wix. We’re disrupting the world of payment processing and financial services for the Wix ecosystem and beyond. We’re a group of experts with vast experience and knowledge in fintech, serving millions of customers all across the world. We use data to understand how users interact with our products. With over 160 million users (and 2 million new users a month), we collect over a billion events a day. That’s a huge 1TB of data added daily!
We are looking for a talented Data Developer to join the Payments team to contribute to Wix’s data-driven ethos.
A Data Dev with at least 5 years’ experience designing and implementing Data/BI solutions, preferably in a consumer web company. You’re familiar with Big Data solutions, processing unstructured and structured data into Columnstore DBs. Plus, you have 2+ years’ experience in implementing data processing systems (ETL).
Your SQL skills are strong - you can write complex queries and optimize them for performance. You have experience with Python (pySpark is a bonus) and/or Scala. You’re great at dimensional modeling and familiar with DWH concepts. You have experience in designing and implementing BI solutions. Plus, you’re fluent in English.
Bonus points if you have experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Presto, PIG), Columnstore DBs (Redshift, Vertica), Tableau and/or Amazon solutions.
As a Data Developer, you will:
- Contribute to building stunning products, based on a data-driven approach.
- Be responsible for the data pipeline of a major data flow in a product and satellite areas.
- Work with business analysts to understand business priorities and translate requirements to data models.
- Design, implement and support robust, scalable solutions to enhance business analysis capabilities, identify gaps and design processes to fill them.
- Collaborate with a broad forum of experts and stakeholders, including architects and engineers, to create high-quality deliverables.
- Be a technical curator and set querying methodologies across the product.