Wix.com’s Database Administration (DBA) Team. We’re responsible for defining, deploying, managing and monitoring 100s of production databases at Wix. We support R&D in all database development phases, working on multiple data centers on premises and in the Cloud. Our R&D department has more than 100 production changes a day - that’s over 2,000 a month!
We're looking for a bright, solution-oriented DBA to join us in a challenging, company with a startup vibe, and use cutting-edge technologies to impact over 165 million users worldwide.
A diligent self-starter and fast learner with infrastructure knowledge in Unix/Linux systems. You have 3+ years of in-depth production experience in at least 1 of these databases: MySQL DB or MongoDB, Oracle, PostgreSQL, as well as 1+ year/s of experience in Linux/Unix. You’re familiar with some of the following scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby and Perl, Go. You’re also fluent in English, have excellent communication skills, and you’re a service-oriented team player.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with production environments.
- Are familiar with cloud platforms like AWS & GCP.
- Have experience with Linux: Centos/Debian operating systems.
- Are familiar with NoSQLs like: ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Have knowledge of monitoring tools like Sensu, Nagios, PMM, etc.
As a Database Administrator, you will:
- Be directly involved in all development phases, including designing schemas and supporting developers in database-related code (e.g. SQLs and DB logic process flows).
- Deploy database machines in production using deployment framework.
- Manage MySQL Classic Asynchronous replication.
- Manage MongoDB Replica Sets
- Handle Databases monitoring
- Be available for on-call support shifts, once in a while, according to schedule with other team members.