Wix.com’s Database Administration (DBA) Team. We’re responsible for defining, deploying, managing and monitoring 100s of production databases at Wix. We support R&D in all database development phases, working on multiple data centers on-premises and in the Cloud. Our R&D department has more than 100 production changes a day - that’s over 2,000 a month!
We're looking for a bright, solution-oriented DBA to join us in a challenging, company with a startup vibe, and use cutting-edge technologies to impact over 130 million users worldwide.
A diligent self-starter and fast learner with infrastructure knowledge in Unix/Linux systems. You have 3+ years’ experience in at least one of these databases: MySQL DB or Mongo DB, as well as 3+ years of experience in Linux/Unix System Administration. You’re familiar with at least 2 of these scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby and Perl. You also have good English skills, have excellent communication skills, and you’re a service-oriented team player.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with production environments.
- Are familiar with AWS cloud platforms like EC2, S3, etc.
- Have experience with Linux: Centos/Debian operating systems.
- Are familiar with deployment tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Are familiar with NoSQLs like: ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Have knowledge of monitoring tools like Sensu, Nagios, etc.
As a Database Administrator, you will:
- Be directly involved in all development & deployment phases, including designing schemas and supporting developers in database-related code (e.g. SQLs and DB logic process flows).
- Design, develop and maintain our various databases infrastructure code in the following languages: Python, Ruby, Go, Bash.
- Deploy database machines in production using deployment framework (chef, Terraform, Kubernetes) on on-premise hosting and Cloud services.
- Manage MySQL Classic Asynchronous replication.
- In the future get into Group-Replication/InnoDB Clusters and additional planned shards solutions.
- Manage MongoDB Replica Sets and in the future shards as well.
- Develop & handle scripting for monitoring and deployment on all database services.
- This position will require, on on-call support shifts, once in a while, according to schedule with other team members.