So I explain a number of things as feedback, please use as you please, but it may seem more extensive than just the title here.
1. I tried to set an image to background of a hoverbox, turns out, there are no longer any options/settings for hoverboxes whatsoever, no gear icon, no image fitting options, not even show or not show option for things that extend beyond hoverbox size. So I will need to resize my image exactly for this need. Hold this thought.
2. I moved on and decided since I am on code and only needed 3 of these things, I will code it with on-hover interaction and use a plain image that is hidden by default and get it to show on hover under my stuff as my psuedo "hoverbox" background. Great. This is when I saw the image filters and for the first time since they have been released a long time, I actually felt like using them. Love the blur filter and this is a pretty impressive set of filters.
3. Immediately wanted to use that filter on my background image and then have it unblur on mouse over, which would work perfectly for my design purpose here. So I started searching.
4. Found precisely 1 post about this here, but response was that it is not possible and to request a feature request, which was never made by the OP :(, hence, I am making this request.
5. Something is inherently cumbersome and needlessly too time consuming with the above collaborative process of working in this beta program as much as I love it. I feel as though, considering you guys are a bunch of genius engineers, Wix Beta Editor at least should have some kind of an extra tool that allows for immediate bug report/feedback with screenshots/gif grabs to post into this forum automatically in the right place... Google Chrome and Google Search result feedback solutions have similar abilities.
6. This one is a non-technical, business process feedback, and IN GENERAL, not necessarily only for Code: If I were you guys, I would make it so that when a feature is inquired about and it is not currently available, an automatic thread for a request on it is created by the responding support staff that links to the original inquiry and leaves it open for votes and count 1 for it. Similar to how ConnectWise or many other major software providers manage feature development and customer requests side of their business. Here, we have to go through 4 steps manually before our effort would have meant anything in reality on either side > a feature request for a need a user felt like they had... it takes a lot of action to get it going. That is everybody's end goal when they ask about something or they give up or find alternatives (or leave). So why not make it a little bit more automated and easier on everyone. Sure there may be a huge list of features to be developed but so what... you guys keep doing your speed and priority, and we will just know more and more of the items that gather votes. We all can come to a good number of votes in agreement when a feature will then be considered for placement on roadmap, and then it will be down to your internal priority and timing, but you can declare yes, we are going to now place this on roadmap and deliver it as usual.
Just my 2 cents, hope to make everyone's life a little more UX based lol. main request is for image filter interaction.