Please see the below time-sensitive request.
We are aware Corvid CLI is in Alpha, and would appreciate any help the Corvid team can provide.
Thanks very much!
When using the local editor `npx corvid open-editor`, it is not possible to see the "Published" version of the site. Wix has some limitation to this version when using some Corvid APIs, like `wix-users` or `wix-pay`, which do not allow to test their functionalities on "Preview" mode.
Therefore, when using the local editor, it is not possible for us to test such important parts of the site like the use of another User with other roles than 'Admin'. To do that, you must `Push` your site, with all problems that implies in the development workflow that accounts on the local revisioning of the site.
Steps to reproduce it
1. Clone wix site with corvid-cli `npx corvid clone <siteurl>`
2. Open editor with corvid-cli `npx corvid open-editor`
4. Preview site to test.
5. Try to log in as a different user.
6. A note pops up redirecting to the "Published" site, but we are on the Local Editor and there is no way to go to a "Published" version locally.
The expected behavior would be to be able to see a local version of the "Published" site under a local server on your machine, without the necessity to `Push` the local changes. And therefore be able to use the functionalities of wix-users locally as well.
See the illustrated problem in the screenshot below:
- OS: macOS Mojave 10.14.5 (18F132)
- Version: Corvid CLI v0.1.76