I am building a site that have many similar information represented with the same repeater. It has an image, some product information and "Select" button. I designed it once and then copy and paste on other pages. At some moment I started to pay attention that after pasting to another page the button behaves unpredictably, causing page to crash. After long investigation, I discovered that when copying the repeater from another page Wix Editor silently copies event handler for onClick event. I was able to reproduce it step by step, but couldn't find any way to get rid of this "zombie" event handler.
1. Copy repeater from another page and add onClick event handler:
2. Preview: the handler is called twice:
3. Disconnect the handler :
4. Preview: the handler is still called:
5. Rename button and add different handler:
6. Preview: both new handler and old handler are called
Now I have many pages infested with similar problem - unknown event handlers being called on button click.
Public URL is https://www.villageeats.com/zombietest
The questions are:
1. How I can recognize that there is another invisible handler registered to onClick event?
2. How I can remove this zombie handler?