I have a question that I haven't been able to figure out for awhile now and I was hoping someone might be able to shed a little light on it.
I use a database collection to capture all of my email subscribers. I setup a custom input box and button that connect to my database fields. I also use MailChimp to manage email marketing but my database collection remains the sole source of truth for my subscriber list.
There is a bunch of different ways I can get my subscribers list over to MailChimp and I was wondering if one way is any better than the other, particularly for speed.
1) I could use a webhook that pushed data out from my database collection to MailChimp every time it changed.
2) I could use the onclick event on the subscribe button and write some code to send the new entries to MailChimp in addition to my database collection.
3) I could create a custom form in MailChimp and insert it onto my webpage. I would then need to send any new subscriber emails back to my database collection using a hook in MailChimp. I think I would also need to code the database collection to be able to accept post requests.
4) I could use the custom html box to perform the same type of integration as 3.
5) I could use a pop up box that's connected to MailChimp and again send data back to my database collection.
I shied away from using wix's default contact manager (and MailChimp integration) because I found it made my landing page load incredibly slow.
If anyone could offer any advice I would really appreciate it. I would love to know if there is any other way to go about this and which way offers the best experience.