Hi there! I am the owner of website topclass-asia.com on Wix.
We are the property and tourism company in Thailand and we listing our objects and serveces via dynamic pages. And I have A HUGE problem with this... I mean, Wix has.
Look at my Item Page, namely at the left side, where you can see... the gallery? No. This is just ten separate images, each of which is connected to it's own database field with "Image Source" data type.
And this is the part of my database that provides my "gallery" showing different images for different items. Yet as you may guess, it is very inconvinient because
1. I have to place image one by one in each cell
2. I have limited quantity of images, same for each Item Page
3. If I want to set different alt-text, pop-up hint and link for each image, i need 30 extra fields.
4. When user clicks the photo on website and opens it full-size, there is no chance to see next photo without closing previous
This 4-th issue I call UI disaster. Because I don't know about all people, but I'm not going to stay on the website where developer must provide cozy photo viewer for my kind choise about purchase, but there is no cozy photo viewer here. And everything is much more bad. When user clicks this X in top-right corner, the page automatically scrolls up! So now user have to scroll the page down again and click on the next photo, then close it and scroll down and click to the next photo, then... and then... and no more this user in my website never.
Let's go further. If you read this post on desktop, open this link https://goo.gl/UDe9iT on mobile and look how awful it looks like. I have to distribute my separate-limited-quantity-non-slideable-scrolling-page-up photos-with-same-alt-text-and-pop-up-hints-on-each in whole page space to make it readable.
Now you can ask me: "Why don't you just place slider or panoramic gallery instead of all that ugly perfomance?"
Don't think that I didn't try. The matter is that when you place slider or gallery on Title Page, it allows to set up one field of DB as an image source. And each item gets this image from one cell of this field. So on each Item Page I have the gallery with one image only in any case. This method works on non-dynamic pages (and on Category Pages) when the page is not depend of item row and the gallery reads all column from up to down.
So now I have some questions to Wix Developers.
1. Why your DB has no option to add array of images in the cell?
2. Improving the issue straight above - why your DB has no option to add associative array for galleries with 4 columns (source, alt-text, pop-up hint and link)? Or any associative arrays with custom settings?
3. I am not a coder, but as I've understood, arrays as field data type is the only way to place dynamic galleries on dynamic pages. Have you some other advices for me?
4. As I (not a coder) have understood, I can't add or change data types in my database, c'z they are provided by Wix developers only. At the same time the work with arrays is provided by any good web drive. Is this option in your closest to-do list?
When I asked this long question in Wix Support, they gave me very short answer to go to this forum. As we have a deal with serious problem, that really makes poor the functional of dynamic item pages, I wait for answer of Wix Code team very much.