Hi guys. Seems I've time to spare. Though I have no idea where that came from for I have lots of stuff like getting enough millage running, a complete feathers/quasar application, family and more.
Anyway, after reading numerous filter posts the lasts days, and helping some out, I started my own tutorial. Nothing fancy.
1. create a database -> DONE
2. create a page with a repeater and dataset for the database items -> DONE
3. create a filter section to house a filter for text, checkbox, optionbox, droplist and some basic pimping
4. add a checkbox which does not filter boolean, but means 'has some content'
5. switch to a populated droplist
6. switch to backend filters
Again, nothing fancy just a small list of steps to follow to get a working filter. Goal is to cover one number of the contents a day.