Hi Wix Code community!
Over the past year, our community has grown tremendously and done some amazing things, and I think it’s awesome. As there are many great minds here, we should try to learn from one another, and we should definitely have fun while we're at it. :)
I think we should aim to be an ever-growing community, where we help one another achieve any goal that comes to mind. I already see more and more people pitching in by answering questions, so I think it’s time to post some guidelines for how to write a good forum post that will get a quick and accurate answer, and how to respond and participate in the community.
Here's what I have in mind:
- Be nice. I love the atmosphere, and I love seeing how much everyone enjoys helping one another. I firmly believe that we should safeguard this culture—this is our space and we should protect it. We have different skills and different challenges, so don't forget that each one of us was once a code baby :)
- Use meaningful titles. ‘How can I create a collapsing and expanding repeater?’ is a much better title than ‘Help please!’. This makes it easier for people to spot the posts that they can help with.
- Multiple short posts are better than a long one. This allows other people to benefit from our posts after we're done with it. Keeping posts short makes it easy to find answers, and makes the post relevant for more people.
- Keep questions focused and clear. This will make each question easier to solve, which makes it possible for more people to answer it.
- Provide as many details as possible. Share what you think is right, what you’ve tried to do, and what blocks you. Include any relevant screenshots, code, and URLs to make it easier for others to understand the problem.
- Acknowledge our peers’ help by marking a 'Top Comment' for the best answer. This will also make it easier to spot the correct answer.
These are my ideas for guidelines, and I’d love for everyone to respond to this question:
What makes you answer a post?
I’ll update the guideline list with everything we will agree on.
This community belongs to all of us, so let’s make it the best.