Can someone give me an overview of what is involved in building a simple 1 product online store for a software product.
Basic functions are:
- Homepage with product info, embedded YouTube tour and usage info video.
- User account creation and management (name, email, phone#, purchase status, etc).
- Paypal payment processing
- Payment status updating from Paypal for each user email.
- Software license file generation based on user hardware ID string up to 2 hardware IDs.
I've seen these types of sites to do user self service for license generation and payment. I'm trying to get an idea on how much is involved in building this site from Wix users that have done this before. Trying to determine if Wix has simple, elegant solutions for me, or if I'm going to be home growing most of it myself, learning as I go along by building my own from scratch and just getting an IIS or Apache server hosted.
Ideally I would love if Wix has some sort of Online store module that maintains the user database and does all the username/ password stuff already, so I don't have to build that.
And also some way to write an object class that takes in a hardware ID and spits out a License file and then posts it to an individual user's download area on the user's dashboard page.
I've seen many of these types of websites, but are they all home grown one-off's? They seem so common that I don't want to reinvent the wheel and I am hoping that Wix has these tools already built and ready to use.