Objective: operating a multi-lingual menu, i.e. only displaying those menu (sub)items that pertain to (sub)pages of a given language.
- The present WIX multi-lingual menu solution has several drawbacks, especially but not exclusively when used on a mobile platform. A prototype build with that solution has been systematically rejected by prospective customers, unfortunately.
- A similar “lightbox” based solution on YouTube has been equally prototyped but the same negative reaction has been experienced unfortunately.
- An estimated 70% of prospects (Europe, Canada, Africa) had to be reoriented to a non-WIX platform because of this multi-lingual requirement.
- I looked at WIX code hoping to find a way to profile dynamically the standard horizontal menu whose (sub)elements are presently all derived from all the (sub)pages added to a site.
- There are in theory several ways to proceed. However, implementation-wise, I found no means to solve this using WIX code: in particular how to access the (sub)children of a horizontal menu on “ViewportEnter or on a button/drop down language choice”, in order (1) to show() / hide() or collapse() specific (sub)children in the menu and (2) to retain the user choice across multiple pages.
Question: any idea how to proceed ? Thanks, Marc