I’m relatively new to coding and have been learning on the go so please bear with me. In short I’m building a sort of marketplace website and I’m trying to create a Member dashboard that links to 3 different collections:
2.*Items* collection --> each item needs to be connected to a member (Member ID) from the *Members* collection.
3.*Orders* collection --> each order needs to be connected to an item (Item ID) from the *Items* collection.
In this dashboard I would like to build 3 main pages:
1) a member’s page that displays (and updates) data from the *Members* collection – DONE
2) a page that displays, and allows this specific signed-in member (Member ID) to add his own items (Item ID) to the *items* collection.
3) a page that displays, and allows this specific signed in member (Member ID) to edit orders in the *Orders* collection connected to his items.
I have successfully finished step 1: a Member profile page, pulling and displaying data from the *Members* collection. Additionally, I have created an update page in order to update the data in the *Members* collection. (followed this very helpful tutorial: Tutorial )
I’m getting stuck in a few places:
1) I can’t figure out how to create a (Member ID) column in the *Items* collection, that links each (Item ID) with a (Member ID).
2) Same but how to create an (Item ID) column in the *Orders* collection that links each (Item ID) with an (Order ID). (haven’t gotten this far yet)
3) I can’t seem to figure out how to navigate from the (Members Pages) to/from (Items Pages) to/from (Orders Pages) - I’ve tried the wix.Location API but keep getting an “error 404”
ANY help, whether pointing me to tutorials or showing me where to look would be greatly appreciated.