We went into alpha-testing with what is built. Apart from the small bugs that I could solve myself, I am running into another problem I need help with: there is a form that holds some 50 data items (text, num, date, etc) and 6 images (so the field are in the same collection as the other data).
How it works now is this:
1) all image fields are empty from the start
2) user selects (using the + button) an image per place holder, 6 in total. The only visual clue here is a file name underneath the pic place holder with an X in front. Every image is conected to its field in the collection and every button to this image
3) user fills out all other data
4) at the bottom he clicks Save (a button of type Submit connected to the dataset), tiggering an upload of all data plus 6 pics
5) I put a GIF-spinner on the onBeforeSave and take it away on the onAfterSave
6) we are here on slow connections. The 6 pictures (average size 2.5 Mb, so total around 15 Mb) take around 2 hours to upload on a bad day (at night, it flies).
7) people think there is something wrong because it takes so long and break off the process (killing the tab)
What I would like to do is this:
1) once the user has chosen a pic to upload, uploading starts immediately, showing a progress bar and progres numeric indicator (15%, 17&, etc), so people actually see that something IS done (like in your own Gallery Manager)
2) repeat this for all 6 pics
3) the Save button now only saves the data, NOT the pictures
I have read thru the doc 'How to work with the upload button (doing an Upload in code), but what I do not understand is if a second, unnecessary, upload can be prevented when pushing the Save (all) button at the bottom of the form.
Any help would be welcome.