We are beta-testing the site and it is not going well. Nobody is able to upload pics. It´s not that the tech is not working, it is a user interface problem. Read and weep:
1) how it works now is like this: user clicks 'Change image' and selects a JPG from his device
2) underneath the pic place holder appears the filename of the pic to be uploaded, with an X in front of it
3) nobody understands this. They do not see the pic name (there is a screen change inbetween pushing button and selecting a pic plus a scroll)
4) they await for the pic to be uploaded, with a percentage bar or whatever. But this is not the case. They have to go down to the form and select save, which nobody does or understand.
5) You can put as many help text in there, but nobody reads it. I speak from experience. People just click and click, they do not read. They just expect a kind of behaviour they are used to.
Can´t you just implement the pic uploading process from your own environment: you choose a pic from either Gallery (not existing now) or HD, you click it, progress bar is shown and done?
That is what they expect and that is what they want.
Is there any way I can solev this UI problem?