I was asked to do some tutorial on how to make a classifieds site using Wix Code.
So I have created a site from scratch with a blank site template. I have created Data Collections for holding the ads and the categories.
In the sample we have:
- The latest 10 ads
- Search for ads in Titles and Description
- Reset Search filter
- Create new ads by the user
- How to use the new Media Gallery field
- How to make a repeater use the Media Gallery Field
- How to upload multiple images to the Media Gallery Field
And hopefully we will extend this sample by designing it properly and also we will add features like:
- Add code for new ads for users to be able to edit / delete their ads
- Sending out email when people answer to a ad
- Handling payments for adding new ads or make them featured on home page
- Include geographical information in ads and display ads closest to me
And then we will probably also add:
- Subscribe to certain searches in the classifieds site and get notified when new items are added that match the search
- Connect the Wix Member System to the whole site
- Add support for video uploading
All depends how many views we get on this and feedback that want more. We do stuff to make you learn Wix Code the best way possible.
The video is 2 hours long and is done Live with no edits so you can follow from scratch to working solution.
The demo site is at:
You can get the full video from me at firstname.lastname@example.org and it will hopefully be uploaded to some Wix Youtube Channel in the near future as well. If you want the whole site sent to you just send me your Wix Email Address and I will send you a copy of the whole site. At the bottom of each page I will today insert source code for that page so you can look at it on the live demo site.
Happy coding using Wix Code!