I'm working on a school project (it's about educational toys) and as part of the project I want to build a simple interactive website. As I never used wix in such complex manner, some help and guidance will be required, which I hope to find here in the Community.
The website will have two pages: Home Page and a second page which will have dynamic content (based on a database).
What I did so far:
- I created a database
- I populated the database
- I learned how to add user input fields
- I learned the basics about datasets and how to connect a button and an input field to my database
- I was able to link a text field to my database, to display certain information
What I don't know how to do:
- use the User Input Field as "search field", instead of write into the database
- "convince" the dataset on my Dynamic Page to filter based on my User Input Field
- load an image from the database
What I want to do: *please refer to the attached image for clarification
- I want the user to type a string in an User Input Field (the string will be a bee species, eg. "Wool Carder Bee")
- When Pressing ENTER or the button marked GO! in my diagram, I want to display the data associated in the database with "Wool Carder Bee" *On the final design, the Input Box will be on a static page (Home), but when submitting, the dynamic page should load. Also, the Dynamic page should have a similar input box, in case the user wants to do another search, without returning to homepage.
Now, I am not asking nor expecting for anyone to "do my homework", but if I could get some help into making the input field/button/image work together, that would mean a lot. Especially with the Image, I couldn't load image from the DB.
I hope it makes sense. If not, please ask and I'll explain.