I have a database with contact information (name, address, email) for individuals in a group. I am trying to:
1) send each individual to a private page that displays their own content;
2) allow the individual to update and add to the current content;
3) save the updated content to the database (copying over the original content);
4) create a repeater for for the group and publicly display each individuals updated information to a button on the repeater.
I m not a website designer and have been trying to figure this out through self-education, but I'm struggling. Any guidance here to suggested videos to view would be appreciated.
Here is what I have done (have questions about) so far to try to create each action above:
1) I created a dynamic page (image 1 below) and connected it to the database. It appears to be working -- Inserts information from database and leaves empty database fields blank. How do I share a page that displays the content (image 2 below) so it can be updated by each Individual? I tried to use a repeater but can't edit there. See #5 below)
2) I have created a Wix input form on.a new page and connected the fields to the database. I assume I need this to collect the updated/additional information from the user, but not certain how to use it or what it connect it to.
3) When the submit button is clicked on my input form it adds a new row to my database. Would like the existing data to be updated in the database. Is the possible?
4) I created a repeater for the group. When I click on an individual in the repeater their information correctly appears in the format in which the dynamic page was designed (Image 2 above). Problem is that the page that appears within the repeater cannot be edited. How do I get the information in the database to display on a page that will allow the user to make edits/additions?
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give.