I think others are having the same problem and multiple people have reported this. Hide() show() elements are not working in chrome but in other browsers. It is working in site editor preview mode in chrome which I've tested.
This has happened 4 times over the last month (at times we checked..maybe more when it wasnt) and we reported it here/directly to wix earlier. If this chronic issue isnt fixed by wix soon i'm moving my 3 sites out of Wix and filing for a refund of my plan. The whole point of using wix was to make things easier, but that doesn't matter if basic things keep breaking down again and again.