Custom 404 Page issue

Why is the default 404 still showing up and messing with my layout up top?

A 404 error is a standard HTTP error message code that means the website you were trying to reach couldn’t be found on the server. It’s a client-side error, meaning either the webpage was removed or moved and the URL wasn’t changed accordingly , or the person just typed in the URL incorrectly.

For the most part, you can configure your web server to create a customized 404 error page. Some customized 404 error pages include a hero image, witty description, site map, search form, or basic contact information.

Chris, this is a bug of Wix. A custom 404 many times shows elements from their original 404.
I wrote to their support team a while ago and added screenshots as well, but as a reply I received a robotic message: …please add the URL of the site & page…
That’s despite the fact that the URL was included in my original message, + it’s page 404 so why they were asking to provide a page name? Go figure. They obviously didn’t bother to read my message,
So I didn’t continue.

1 Like

Yeah I figured that was going to happen. Soon I hope they improve the wix code to support universal code, instead of the proprietary blend they have going on.