I am a web developer and am trying to insert our third party widget on a Wix site.
How it is supposed to work:
- loads simply from the one-line <script src="https://somewebsite.com/script.js" charset="utf-8" async defer></script> html snippet asynchronously
- when loaded/closed:
-- stays in fixed position to the bottom-right on larger devices
-- stays fixed as full-width bottom banner for smaller devices (mobile)
- when opened
-- full height for larger devices with 300px width fixed to the right side
-- full screen for smaller devices
Issues I run into when adding the html snippet from the drag and drop editor:
- the widget that would asynchronously load is forced inside an absolute-positioned iframe container
- scrolling down on the website would leave the widget above and out of view
I am limited it seems from the Wix Website Editor to:
- change the CSS of the iframe container from absolute to fixed
- Append this script to the body using JS so it can display in its desired layout after the page loads
We are preparing to launch a new client this week who is hosting their site on Wix -- and likely more in the future. I am sure there are options available on the Wix platform to make this successful that I have not yet considered.