The world as we know it has changed dramatically in recent years, and it’s all thanks to that magical 8 letter word we call the internet. The world Wide Web was created in 1991, and ever since, technology has been taking off [almost] at the speed of light.
And that got us thinking… what if the internet had never been invented? What would life be like? For better or worse, it’d look something like this:
1. ‘Stalking’ someone would actually land you in jail
2. Having followers potentially would make you the head of a cult
3. You’d actually have to go to the mall on your day off (*shudder*) to buy clothes
5. If something ‘went viral’, medically trained professionals would be involved
6. You’d be able to tell everyone you had a salad for lunch when you really had a double bacon cheeseburger (thanks Instagram)
8. Blind dates would be very, very blind
10. If you tweet all day you’d get hospitalized
12. You’d have to plan your day around the actual time they air Game of Thrones on TV
14. Doing research would mean burying yourself in the library for 2 weeks
16. Half of your salary would be spent on long distance phone calls
18. You’d actually need to go to a doctor instead of consulting Dr. Google for every weird (and embarrassing) symptom you have
20. 私たちは今、行うことになっていますか？- No Google Translate for you!
Get The Wix Blog
Get the latest and freshest content on creating
& marketing your Wix website.