Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social networks on the planet. A DIYer’s dream, this smorgasbord of creative concepts is more than just the go-to place for craft ideas, it’s a mecca for out-of-the-box ideas that any small business can take advantage of. In fact, you don’t even need to be in the creative field in order to benefit from the viewing power of this social media platform. Any business can open a Pinterest page to show off their products and website. The Wix Pinterest page, for example, showcases killer websites created on the Wix platform, tips and trends on web design, and more amongst its boards.
Thinking of creating your own Pinterest page? Start with these golden tips on how to use this social platform to boost your business & showcase your ingenuity:
- Pinterest can be a goldmine for eCommerce websites. Show off your products in action with attractive images and link back to your website so that people can purchase those goods for themselves.
- Use beautiful images. Pinterest is almost entirely image focused so great looking images are essential for a successful page. Just don’t forget to link your images back to your businesses’ website.
- Have a dedicated board to showcase your work. When creating said board, make sure that your brand messaging takes the forefront – from the name of your board to a clear description, there should be no doubt that this board is all about your talents.
- Stick to your businesses’ niche and messaging and create boards that compliment your work, rather than showcase random cute images. Thinking about creating a board with cat pics? Only if you sell cat food…
- Not all of your Pinterest boards need to be dedicated to your own work. Think about creating a board dedicated to your favorite inspirational images. Inspiration boards are also a good way to show your potential clients what you like and what you follow.
- Give your audience a more personal glimpse into your business practice – consider creating a “behind the scenes” board documenting different stages of your work in progress & fun antics around the office.
- Send people to your new Pinterest page by adding a Pinterest Pin Button to the images on your website. This will allow people to share your amazing work with ease.
- You can also create secret and private boards on your Pinterest page:
- Public boards allow your followers to pin & share their own images of your product or service.
- Secret boards allow you to communicate with a select group of people and share some of your top-secret inspiration ideas with them. This is a great way to brainstorm with co-workers.
Pumped up and ready to give Pinterest a try? Check out these small businesses who have pinned their way to success:
Bow and Blush | Bridal Occasion Hair Board >>
Dana Shafir | Wellness Board >>
Fashion Izer TV | Pinterest Account >>
Carlos Palma | Hair and Makeup, Beauty, Fashion Board >>
Hesterst Fair | Pinterest Account >>
Holly Anna | Pinterest Account >>
Genevieve Thomas | Inspiration Pour My Joli Coeur Board >>
Jessica Bloor | Pinterest Account >>
Kayla Hedwall | Pinterest Account >>
My Cupcake Case | Pinterest Account >>
Stitchology | Pinterest Account >>
Obi Mama | We Did It Board >>
Ready to take your business online? Create a free website with Wix!