We’ve had many emails from photographers asking how to organize photos in a clean and simple way. Breaking your photography website into different themes is important. It shows your diversity as a photographer and also allows clients to instantly zoom in on the section they’re most interested in. Someone who’s looking for a wedding photographer might be less interested in your baby photos and will be happy to skip straight to your dedicated weddings gallery. Here’s how it’s done.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to leave some room for a future menu to be placed on the original Mini-page. Confused? Here’s an example of a portfolio page that does exactly that:
3. Think of the first theme you’d like to create (e.g., ‘Weddings’). Create a photo gallery and upload your best photos. Take your time choosing gallery skin, settings and expand mode. Once you have a well designed and functional gallery you could duplicate it for use on all your future themes!
4. Click on the new Mini page, go to ‘Manage’ and name your first Mini page (‘Weddings’). Now click ‘duplicate” and name additional Mini pages according to the themes you need (e.g., “Corporate events”, “Sports events”, “Baby shower”, etc).
5. You now have a few different Mini pages with the same gallery (‘Weddings’).
6. For each theme, replace existing photos with new relevant ones. You can either batch delete all photos from the gallery or replace them one at a time.
Menu selection tips:
7. Once your’e done, sit back and review your work. If you feel you’d like to change themes order of appearance, make the necessary changes through your Mini page, not the galleries.
Need some more inspiration? This template, ‘Closeup’, has a portfolio page that was created in the spirit of this tutorial. Enjoy!
Get The Wix Blog
Get the latest and freshest content on creating
& marketing your Wix website.