How to split a list into two parts with different items
How to split a list into two lists with different items?
I have a big list and I need to split it into two different ones. I made a duplicate of the list and wanted to delete some items from first list and leave them in the second, and leave some items in first list and delete them from second. But after I deleted items from one list, they were deleted from the duplicate too. How to edit the list without changing the duplicate?
Reply from Rony | June 10, 2014
Thanks for contacting Wix Support
Please provide us with the page where the list is located.
Waiting for your reply.
All best,Rony WixTeam
Reply from indynika | June 11, 2014
Hi! Thank you for the response. The pages are Houses and Residential for sale. The original list is on the Houses page, and the duplicat is on the Resid. for sale page.
Reply from Or Y | June 12, 2014
In order to create a new list, please go to Add > List Builder > List with new items.
That, instead of choosing one of the existing lists.
Please let us know in case you need further help.All the best, Or
Actually I need to split the list because I have filled it with pictures and information. I dont want to do this work again.. Is it ever possible?
Hey, I REALLY need a help. I decided not to wait for the answers and created a new list. I opened the old list in one window, and the new one in the second window. I spend my time to fill new list with texts and pics. Then I deleted some items from the first list and then I saved and published it. But, I dont know what happened, the both lists again look similar! I lost all the information I created in new list! What the hell???
I really dont know what to do now. I want my site to work properly, and I should have the both lists on my site few days ago.
Reply from Dean | June 12, 2014
To split one list into two lists follow the steps below:
(1) Go to Add+ >> List Builder
(2) Once you click to add a list, a pop up window will open up asking you to either create a new list or choose from exiting. please choose the list you would like to split.
(3) A list element will appear on the page, please double click it to open the list's settings.
(4) Inside the settings under the item's tab click "Filter" and from the window that opens leave only the item you want displayed on that certain page ticked.
(5) You can then add the items you want on that "new" list and then go back to the original list and filter them out.
Let us know if you need additional help.All the best, Dean - Wix Team
Thank you a lot, Dean! I`ts very helpful, I`ll do it now. :-)
Reply from Noa | June 13, 2014
We're glad we were able to help!
Don't hesitate contacting us in the future.Noa - Wix Team