Please Note: Wix Does NOT Recommend Pointing
We recommend connecting your domain to Wix by using the Wix name servers.
- Downtime when Wix IP changes: The primary reason that we recommend connecting your domain to Wix by using the Wix name servers is that the Wix IP address might change in order to prevent your site from going down. This happens from time to time when natural disasters, server problems and other problems occur. In such events, domains connected to Wix by name servers will automatically have their DNS records updated. However, domains that are connected to Wix by IP pointing will not work until you request the new IP# from us and then manually make the changes with your domain host. This will result in a much longer downtime.
- Less support & assistance: When you connect your domain to Wix by name servers, we can offer support and assist you in creating any DNS records you might need. Whereas if you connect to Wix by pointing you would need to contact your domain host with any domain/DNS related issues.
- Feature updates must be made manually: We can automatically modify your DNS to accommodate any new feature that requires DNS changes (like WixMobile, and any other possible features that we might release in the future). When choosing pointing you would need to manually make these changes with your domain host.
For instructions on how to connect your Network Solutions domain to Wix by using name servers, click here.
1. Log into your Network Solutions account and then click Manage Account
2. Under My Domain Names, click Edit DNS
3. Under Domain Names, check the box next to your domain and click Edit DNS
4. Click Manage Advanced DNS Records
5. Click Edit A Records
6. Create the records that appear in the box below.
Please make sure to log into your Wix account to view the relevant records.
7. Once you have changed your settings with NetworkSolutions, please update your Wix Domain Manager. Click here and follow the instructions beginning with Step 3 to update your Wix Domain Manager.
Your domain is connected to your Wix site!
Important Note: It may take up to 72 hours for the change to take effect.