There are two ways to connect your 123Reg.co.uk Domain to your Wix site:
1. Connecting your domain to our name servers. For instructions on how to connect your 123Reg.co.uk domain to our name servers, click here.
2. Pointing your domain to our IP address.
You may use either one of these methods to connect your domain to your Wix document. Below you will find instructions for how to connect your 123Reg.co.uk domain to Wix by pointing to the Wix IP.
Please Note: Wix Does NOT Recommend Pointing
We recommend connecting your domain to Wix by using the Wix name servers.
- Downtime when Wix IP changes: The primary reason that we recommend connecting your domain to Wix by using the Wix name servers is that the Wix IP address might change in order to prevent your site from going down. This happens from time to time when natural disasters, server problems and other problems occur. In such events, domains connected to Wix by name servers will automatically have their DNS records updated. However, domains that are connected to Wix by IP pointing will not work until you request the new IP# from us and then manually make the changes with your domain host. This will result in a much longer downtime.
- Less support & assistance: When you connect your domain to Wix by name servers, we can offer support and assist you in creating any DNS records you might need. Whereas if you connect to Wix by pointing you would need to contact your domain host with any domain/DNS related issues.
- Feature updates must be made manually: We can automatically modify your DNS to accommodate any new feature that requires DNS changes (like WixMobile, and any other possible features that we might release in the future). When choosing pointing you would need to manually make these changes with your domain host.
For instructions on how to connect your 123Reg.co.uk domain to Wix by using name servers, click here.
To connect your domain name by pointing to Wix’s IP address:
1. Sign into your 123reg.co.uk account
2. In the Domain Names section, select the relevant domain name in the drop-down list and click on the Manage button.
3. Scroll down to the Advanced Domain Settings section and click on the Manage DNS (A, MX, CNAME, TXT) link.
4. Copy the IP in this box below (if you are not logged in, please log in first):
5. Once you have changed your settings with 123reg.co.uk, please update your Wix Domain Manager. Click here and follow the instructions beginning with Step 3 to update your Wix Domain Manager.
Important note: It may take up to 72 hours for the changes to take effect.
Click here for general information about connecting a domain.