Wix ShoutOut Best Practices
Find out here how you can improve your email delivery rates, so more people see your ShoutOuts.
Who can you email using Wix ShoutOut?
You can send ShoutOut emails to people you know, and to people in your contact list who’ve given you written permission to send them emails.
To keep your email delivery rates high, only send ShoutOuts to people you’ve been in touch with recently (within the past year).
How can you get permission to add someone to a ShoutOut?
If you’re not sure whether you have someone’s permission to send them a ShoutOut, first email them from your regular email account and ask if they’re happy to receive your newsletters and updates.
Who should you not send a Wix ShoutOut email to?
- Anyone who has never given you permission to email them.
- Anyone whose email address you got from someone else.
- Anyone whose email address you copied from the internet.
- Anyone whose email address you got from social media (e.g., Facebook).
- Anyone who asked to unsubscribe from your emails, or told you not to contact them.
What happens if you don’t follow these guidelines?
If you don’t follow these guidelines your ShoutOut emails could be blacklisted. If this happens, they will be marked as SPAM and will no longer reach your audience.