Problem uploading images in Google Chrome
Every time I try and upload a picture through Google Chrome I get an error message saying the server could not be reached, why is that. When I try to upload the same exact file in Internet explorer it goes right through. Only thing now is HTML 5 isn't loading properly on Internet explorer so I am stuck. Someone please help
Reply from Daniel | March 19, 2014
In most cases, upload issues are related to a local misconfiguration of certain settings on your computer, or to your internet connection.
Please follow these steps in order to troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing:
1. Try uploading other images. Is this issue isolated to specific images? If so, please email us the problematic images.
2. Make sure the file name does not contain any special characters.
3. Clear your browser's cache of "Everything".
4. Log out of your Wix account, restart your browser and then log into your Wix account and try again.
5. Try using other browsers to open Wix. Recommended browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and either IE or Safari (depending on whether you use a PC or a MAC).
6. If you connect to the internet through a router, please try connecting directly through the modem.
7. Try temporarily disabling your internet security programs and try again (i.e. antivirus, firewall, etc.). It is preferable to try this while still connected to the modem directly. This is meant to assist us in determining the source of the problem that you're facing.
8. Try connecting to Wix from a different computer that uses a different internet connection.
Finally, if you are still having issues, please contact us. Let us know exactly which steps you tried and what worked or didn't work. Please also include the following information:
1. What Operating System you're using (i.e. Mac OSX, Windows XP, etc.) - and what version it is.
2. What browsers you've tried - and include the version of the browser (can generally be found by going to Help > About within the browser).
3. What version of Flash you have installed on your computer- you can find this at whatismyflash.com
4. Your Wix username and the name of the site(s) with the issue.
5. If you receive an error message, please attach the error message that you receive.
6. Your geographic location and which ISP you use.
7. Which internet security programs you have installed on your computer (antivirus, firewall, etc.).Daniel - Wix support team