Site performance issues (eg. slow loading time)
Site performance is very important to us at Wix! We have recently made many changes that should improve the performance and loading time of your site.
If you are still experiencing performance issues on your site, it may be because of one of the following factors:
- The speed of your own connection or an overload at your ISP during peak hours
- The amount of content on your site or home page
- A large number of animations and/or animated behaviors/effects on your site
- Very large MP3 files which load on your home page
- A slower computer (i.e. with a slow processor or low RAM) which may load the site slowly, as it cannot process the information quickly enough.
In order to optimize your site for speed, try to follow these guidelines:
- Don't use too many animations on your homepage
- Try to use a uniform font for your site (1-3 fonts)
- If you decide to use an MP3 on your homepage, try to use a smaller file.
- If you use many shapes and components in the editor to create a larger image, it would be best to create a single image, with these elements, on your computer and then upload it to Wix.
If, after optimizing your site for speed, you continue to experience performance issues, we ask that you please load the site using www.webpagetest.org (an independent 3rd party site that will test the speed).
If you are not satisfied with the results received in the site test, and your is indeed loading slowly, please send us the link to the results, as well as your site URL. We will investigate the results and review your site. If there is indeed an issue on our end, we will do our best to investigate it and fix it ASAP. For further assistance, please post in this FAQ.