How do I add an H1 or heading tag to my Wix site?
To add an H1 tag: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Text > click Title.
Double-click the text box to edit the text > delete the default text > from the text editor toolbar, change the style to Title > enter your heading.
The following is a guide to help you manage your
- Title - H1 - (only the most top left is H1 - second (etc) title will be H2)
- Page Title- H2
- Heading XL - H3
- Heading L - H4
- Heading M - H5
- Heading S - H6
The rest of the styles are mapped to paragraph tag.
Additional tips about
- A proper HTML page allows only one H1 tag. If you place an H1 tag in your header or footer or if you marked it to be displayed on all pages, then you shouldn't add anymore H1 tags.
- If you don't check the show on all pages option on your H1 text, you can add one line of text (in a paragraph or title) that has an H1 style.
- The H1 text should be a single line. If you break lines, the H1 tag will be added only to the top line. If you would like the H1 tag to spread over more than one line simply click on shift+enter instead of only enter.
- If any of your pages has more than one line of text with "title" style then Wix will mark the top left title as H1 and the rest will be H2.
Once you are viewing the ?_escaped_fragment_ version of your site, you can right click to View Source Code, but this is only if you are interested in viewing the source code. Otherwise, you can simply view the ?_escaped_fragment_ version of your site which will show you how Google views your site.
To check that the correct H1 has been updated in the source code; go to the Page Source, click Ctrl + F, and type in H1 to search for the H1 headers on your site.