Connecting Your Domain Using Name Servers
With Wix, you can connect your domain to your Wix site so that when visitors type in your domain they will automatically be taken to your site!
Keep in mind that connecting your domain to Wix is a Premium feature which requires an upgrade to one of our Premium Plans. Learn more about our Premium Plans here.
You can connect your domain to our servers in one of two ways:
1. Connect your domain to Wix's name servers
2. Point your domain to Wix's IP. Below you will find step-by-step instructions on connecting your domain to Wix using name servers. For information on connecting by pointing, click
You will have to purchase a domain from a domain registrar of your choice before you can connect it to your Wix site.
Please note that connecting a domain is a Premium feature and you will have to upgrade your site before you can connect a domain. If you upgrade to the Combo, Unlimited or eCommerce Yearly plan, you will receive a free domain for one year.
Connecting Your Domain with Name Servers (DNS)
When connecting your domain to your Wix site using name servers, the domain name stays at your hosting company and connects to the Wix servers. Connecting to our name servers transfers control of your domain records to Wix.
For instructions on adding and editing domain records, click here.
To connect your domain to your Wix site with name servers (DNS):
1. Purchase a domain from a domain hosting company.
2. On Wix.com, from the top menu, hover over Subscriptions and click Domains.
3. Under Domains, click Use a Domain You Already Own.
4. Click Connect your domain to Wix but keep your current registrar.
5. Under Setup with Wix, type your domain name in the field.
6. Select a site that you would like to connect your domain to and click Next.
7. Under Setup with registrar, select a registrar from the drop-down menu and click Done.
8. Follow the instructions to ask your domain host to connect your domain to NS1.WIX.COM and NS2.WIX.COM
9. Click Done.
For more information on contacting your domain host, follow the instructions below.
It may take up to 72 hours for the change to take effect.
Not working? Click here to troubleshoot your domain.
Contacting Your Domain Host (Name Servers)
For step by step instructions about connecting your domain with the different domain hosting companies, simply choose your domain hosting company and follow the steps:
- For GoDaddy, you'll find step-by-step instructions here.
- For Network Solutions, you'll find step-by-step instructions here.
- For Yahoo, you'll find step-by-step instructions here.
- For 123Reg, you'll find step-by-step instructions here.
- For 1&1, you'll find step-by-step instructions here.
- For Google Apps Domain, you'll find step-by-step instructions here.
- For Crazy Domains, you'll find step-by-step instructions here.
For other domain hosting companies, please send your domain hosting company the following message:
I have built a site on Wix.com. Please connect my domain to their name servers- NS1.WIX.COM (IP address 22.214.171.124) and NS2.WIX.COM (IP address 126.96.36.199).
After sending your message, please allow up to 72 hours for changes to get updated (propagate).
Still Having Problems?
If you are still having domain connection problems, try going through the troubleshooter here.
Using a domain with special characters
Currently, it is not possible to use special or foreign characters in your domain name. This feature requires support of International Domain Names (IDN) which we do not support at this time.
You can use this encoder to translate your domain.
You cannot update the spelling of a domain name once you have added it to the Domain Manager. If you need to update the domain name, please add a new domain with the correct spelling and delete the old addition.