Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

If your Contact Form is not working, please try the following:

1. Check to see that you have entered the correct email address in your Contact Form settings.

To check your Contact Form email address: Click the Contact Form that you added to your site > in the Settings window, under Email To, enter or correct the email address that you want Contact Form submissions sent to.

Make sure to Save and Publish if you make any changes.

2. Check that emails sent through your Wix Contact Form are not being recognized as spam and have ended up in your Spam/Junk/Bulk Folder.

Note: If the email address you added is example@YourSiteDomainName, make sure that the MX records are pointing correctly, click here to learn more.

For more information on using Contact Form, click here .

Replies(147 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • annagala4

Replied by annagala4 2 days ago

I am getting the emails, but i cant open the messages from the WIX site.  Ir says that certain contacts have messaged me.... but i cannot open the messages

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios 2 days ago

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Wix support team.

I see that you have a  subscribe form on your site, note that a subscriber does not include any message, just the contacts email gets added to your contact list.

Do not hesitate in contacting us if you require further assistance.

Many thanks, Barrios
  • annagala4

Hi there

I can see that people have sent me a message through my contact form app, but i cant see the message.  It wont open anything and when i click on the contact name it brings me to their contact and tells me in the history that they have messaged me, but where is the message!!!

Help!

• annagala4

Sorry through my subscribe form....

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios 2 days ago

Hi,

Note that a subscriber does not include any message, just the contact gets added to your contact list.

Do not hesitate in contacting us if you require further assistance.

Many thanks, Barrios
  • fionapeter

Replied by fionapeter July 24, 2014

Form submissions

I have a contact page on my site which is not resulting in submissions arriving in my email. How can I edit the address form submissions go to?

• Nitzan Wix Team

Replied by Nitzan July 24, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WIx Support regarding this issue.

Please note that I have merged your questions with the relevant thread. Please refer to the best reply above for further information and instructions.

We are here should you require any further assistance.

Have a great day! Nitzan - Wix Support Team
    • fionapeter

Replied by fionapeter July 24, 2014

The form in question did not have a setting to specify an email address, just had web address or HTML settings, which had no email address in the code at all.

I've now deleted it since it was not working.

To create a form with more than just the basic contact fields, do we need to purchase an app?

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav July 25, 2014

Hi,

Here are the main options:

1. Contact form: How do I add a Contact Form to my Wix site?

In order to set the contact form to your email address, please do the following:

1. Go into your editor

2. Enter the page your contact form is on

3. Click on the contact form

4. Click “settings”

5. Write down your email address in the “Email to (required)” field.

2. 123FormBuilder: How can I add 123 Form Builder to my Wix site?

Both can be customized to your taste and needs.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
  • chgray777

Replied by chgray777 July 22, 2014

an error occurred

That's all is says once I press send on my contact form.  The email address is correct and it still works from my gmail account and other email accounts.

Can you check why this is?  www.lineworkdesigns.co.za 

• Shai Wix Team

Replied by Shai July 22, 2014

Hello,

I have just used the contact form to send you a test message; could you please let me know if it arrived?

Thank you and waiting for your answer.

Shai - Wix Support
  • lyndseyworkman

Replied by lyndseyworkman July 21, 2014

I am having issues with my contact form. I have the form set up for people to enter their phone numbers, but when the information comes through, the phone number does not show up. 

• Miki- Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Miki- Wix Team July 21, 2014

Hi,

Please note that this is not a bug on the form, that is the way it works.

Should you want a phone number in the contact's information you'll have to input it manually.

Let me know should you need further assistance.

Best regards, Miki- Wix Support Team
  • peterjchrist

Replied by peterjchrist July 16, 2014

Contact Form Doesn't Work

My email via contact form is not working. User is trying to reach me at a gmail.com address. Any thoughts? To see go to -  http://peterjchrist.wix.com/shout-out#!visit-us/csmt

• Tal Wix Team

Replied by Tal July 17, 2014

Hi peterjchrist,

Thank you for contacting Wix support team.

I sent you a test message using your site's Contact Form, please check your mail box and your Spam folder.

In case you haven't received this message, please follow the instructions showing on the Best Reply at the top of this page.

Please tell us how it went and whether you need any further assistance,

Tal, Wix Team
    • peterjchrist

Replied by peterjchrist July 18, 2014

I received your emails but I've asked three others in NY and NJ and FL to email me using the contact form but none of their emails are coming through - they can email me from their personal accounts (like gmail) with no problem. I checked and there emails are not in my spam folder.  What they did get (as soon as they tried to email me was my error message from email field which says "Your email did not go through. Please call 845 633 2118."

• Itamar Wix Team

Replied by Itamar July 18, 2014

Please note that you have set this message as the error message that appears if one tries to send the contact form without filling his email address. The reason the attempts you describe failed is most likely that they didn't enter their email in the Email field. Please ask them to try again and to correctly fill all the relevant fields in the contact form.

Itamar, Wix team
    • peterjchrist

Replied by peterjchrist July 18, 2014

duh i feel so dumb  - thanks

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel July 19, 2014

Hello,

Please don't feel dumb :)

We are always happy to assist!

Please feel free to contact us in case you need further assistance. 

• nmorris8

Replied by nmorris8 July 14, 2014

contact form

hi, i changed my email on my account settings but my 'contact form' questions from customers are not going to the new email

how do i change that?

• Nitzan Wix Team

Replied by Nitzan July 14, 2014

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for contacting Wix Support regarding this matter.

Please note that I have merged your question with the relevant thread. Please refer to the best reply above for information and instructions for checking your Contact Form settings.

We are here should you require any further assistance.

Have a great day! Nitzan - Wix Support Team
  • trinitysap

Replied by trinitysap July 8, 2014

Hi, Contact form on my website is not working. I have checked everything in the settings. everything is fine but for some reason , i am getting an error mesage " an error has occurred ".

Please check and help.

Thanks.

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel July 8, 2014

Hello,

Please elaborate what steps are you taking before you receive the error?

Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

• nigjarvis

Replied by nigjarvis June 30, 2014

Best reply is no good to me WIX, maybe read my entire post. The contact form was workimng, now its not. Email has been netred, has not been changed. Email was working, now is now.

• nigjarvis

Replied by nigjarvis June 30, 2014

Damn phone.

The form was working, I have not changed any settings. The emails were coming through, but they have stopped. The best reply is useless to me.

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios June 30, 2014

Hi Nigjarvis,

In order for us to assist you please specify the site in which you are experiencing this issue.

Have you followed the instructions in the best reply? 

Let us know how it went and we are here should the problem persist.

Many thanks, Barrios
    • nigjarvis

Replied by nigjarvis July 1, 2014

www.viplofts1.com

Yes I have followed. The contact from used to work fine, but now it doesnt and I havent changed any settings. So far I've been given the same response 3 times on how to add a contact from, but thats not the issue.

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y July 1, 2014

Hello,

Currently your Contact Form redirects mails to sales@viplofts.com.au and to nigel@viplofts.com.au.

Please note that currently, the pointing configuration in the registrar of your domain viplofts.com.au (not Wix, but your actual domain host) is incorrect.
      To fix this, please follow the instructions here.

All the best, Or
    • nigjarvis

Replied by nigjarvis July 1, 2014

Thanks Barrios, I will follow the instructions but that is exactly how I set it up 12 months ago and it worked fine for nearly 12 months.

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y July 1, 2014

Please let us know in case the issue reoccurs.

All the best, Or
    • nigjarvis

Replied by nigjarvis July 2, 2014

No good, because I changed the servers I now have no emails at all. So WIX dont host emails, so I keep my hosting else where to have an email only, but that server needs to point to WIX, but when it does I have no email.

But for the first 11 months I didnt need to do this and all worked perfectly, now I get generic responses from WIX support that only cause more issues.

• Kosta Wix Team

Replied by Kosta July 2, 2014

Hey,

Please contact your email host and ask him to verify the domain records which need to be set. 

Forward those to us please so be could check your domain records.

Cheers,

Kosta, Customer Solutions.
    • nigjarvis

Replied by nigjarvis July 3, 2014

I've got my emails working again.

The problem is 100% the contact form on my page, something has changed with WIX not in my setup.

I'll just say it again in case its been missed, the contact form was sending emails as designed. It has stopped sending emails as designed. I have made no changes to the contact form.

Telling me how to add a contact form does not resolve the problem, I had already done that and it worked. It has stopped working - repeat, stopped working and no changes were made my end.

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y July 3, 2014

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Currently the Contact Form in your site is pointing to the following mail addresses:

nigel@viplofts.com.au

nig_jarvis@hotmail.com

Please note that I have tested your Contact Form by sending myself an email and it had properly worked:

Please make sure you are checking the correct inboxes, in addition to other folders in the mailbox, such as spam or trash, where they could have been filtered.

As to the first mailbox, please note that the name server of your domain viplofts.com.au is not set to Wix. Please contact your registrar and change the name servers to Wix.
      See explanation here.

All the best, Or
  • youcanhealanything

Replied by youcanhealanything June 25, 2014

My contact form worked for a few days when I first set it up, in that it could be filled in and I'd receive the emails. However, now it cannot be filled in - the fields will not allow anyone to type data into them. Can you clarify as to the problem please?

• youcanhealanything

It seems to be the same as this user's problem (below), as both myself and others who have tried it are using Macs.

Replied by cr9245 April 5, 2014

My contact form is working for most, but the few people who can't get it to work are all using Macs with the latest OS. They have tried in Safari, Firefox and Chrome. When they click on a field to type, nothing appears. Here is the link to the page having the issues: http://www.folkwest.com/#!pfb-volunteer/c11dq

• youcanhealanything

I haven't tested it on Windows yet

• rony Wix Team

Replied by rony June 26, 2014

Please note that the domain you are having the issue with is associated to another account. 

I have accessed the site and the contact form is working perfectly. 

Please follow the instructions provided here.

If the steps in the link didn't resolve your issues, please answer the questions in the same link.

Rony WixTeam
    • youcanhealanything

Replied by youcanhealanything June 28, 2014

I am very embarrassed to report that the problem was that the 'field text' was set as white. It spontaneously reverts to white each time I edit, so I have to make sure to re-set it to black before saving. Sorry about that guys, but thank you for your response!!

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or June 28, 2014

You're welcome. Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future for assistance.

All the best, Or - Wix support team.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets