- Back to Search Results
Stats 353,668 topics posted 7,184 include Best Reply by Wix Team
Replies (43 replies total)
Replied by boemari March 22, 2013
I see that a lot of people are struggling with this too:P I am sorry, I've tried everything I can think of! Could you please help me regarding the "Jobbstrekken" page? I have fixed Jobbstrekken as a title and it's huge, but it still won't function as a H1 title..?
Replied by Michal February 3, 2013
Hi Debbie Leight,
No, it doesn't have to be that size, though it is recommended that your H1 tag is size 30 or bigger.
To create a Title please make sure your title is:
1) Set to Title
2) Located inside the header
3) "Show on all pages" selected
4) Largest font on page
Thanks,Michal - Wix Team
Replied by Maya January 23, 2013
I have checked your site and can see that you have not defined any title or other stiles that determine those Meta Tags.
The following is a guide to help you manage the h1 for your HTML website:
font_0 - Title - (H1) - (only first one - second (etc) title will be H2)
font_1 - Menufont_2 - Page title (H2)
font_3 - Heading XL (H3)
font_4 - Heading L (H4)
font_5 - Heading M (H5)
font_6 - Heading S (H6)
font_7 - Body L (None)
font_8 - Body M (None)
font_9 - Body S (None)
font_10 - Body XS (None)
Here are some tips about H1 headers:
1. A proper HTML page allows only one H1 tag. If you place an H1 tag in your header or footer or if you marked it to be displayed on all pages, then you shouldn't add anymore H1 tags.
2. If you don't check the "show on all pages" option on your H1 text, you can add one line of text (in a paragraph or title) that has an H1 style.
3. The H1 text should be a single line. if you break lines, the H1 tag will be added only to the top line. If you would like the H1 tag to spread over more than one line simply click on shift+enter instead of only enter.
4. If any of your pages has more than one line of text with "title" style then Wix will mark the top left title as H1 and the rest will be H2.
If you would like to view your new HTML website exactly as Google and other search engines see it, you cannot simply right click on the live site and select to view the source code - this is how it worked for the Wix Flash websites, but not for the HTML5 sites.
To view the HTML website as Google does, simply add "?_escaped_fragment_" to the end of your websites domain name. Eg. www.mydomain.com/?_escaped_fragment_
Once you are viewing the ?_escaped_fragment_ version of your website, you can right click to View Source Code, but this is only if you are interested in viewing the source code. Otherwise, seeing the ?_escaped_fragment_ version of your website is a nice way to see how Google is viewing your website.
If you want to check that the correct h1 has been updated within the source code; go to the Page Source, click CTRL + F, and type in "H1" to search for the H1 headers on your site.
Thanks,Maya Support-Team Wix
Replied by Debbie Leight January 22, 2013
Hi there, I tried changing all my headings to 32, but for example, the Skunk Page
now shows as:
<h2><span class="font_0"></span>Complete Residential and Commercial Skunk Odor Deodorization</h2>
So there's no H1, only an H2. Thoughts?