- Back to Search Results
Stats 415,222 topics posted 7,165 include Best Reply by Wix Team
Replies(6 replies total)
Replied by jaytonjoseph June 27, 2014
Is there anyway that I can have SEO in the second language as well as the primary language without having a second web site ??
I have created a multi lingual site but want to make sure that it can be found when they search in the second language.
Can you please advise ??
Replied by nicolasbrassard6 March 7, 2014Can I build a bilingual website?
I want to know if it's possible to have a English and french version of our web site?
Please confirm us?
Replied by likamia1 November 20, 2013
On every page the h1 is the page title that is also the website title. I have it in English and on the Hebrew part it is in Hebrew, so it leaves me no choice to add more h1. I think that's why I get the "Your website has 2 heading tags (H1), it's recommended to use only one heading tag (H1)" on the SEO wizard and I can't change it.
Replied by Wix KnowledgeBase December 25, 2012
Below you will find some tips on optimizing a multilingual site so that it will be found in search results for multiple languages. The instructions refer to a bilingual site, but also apply to sites with three or more languages.
1. Choose one language as the main language. This should be the language of the site's home page. Our tips will help with both languages with regards to SEO, but will help the main language more than the secondary.
2. Use one language per page. This is strongly recommended by search engines. Make sure to use only a single language for:
- Text on the page
- Image file names, titles and descriptions
- Your page keywords.
3. Link each corresponding page instead of having one universal link. For example, the About page in English should link to the About page in Spanish, rather than the Home page in Spanish. Instead of having a row of flags that appear on all pages of the site and link to every language's Home page, it is better to have a row of flag buttons that appear several times, one time per page and link to the corresponding pages.
4. Add external links to other websites in the same language only. This will help build the SEO power of each language separately. For example, the Spanish page on your Wix site should only have external links to Spanish websites.
5. Create separate sites for each language. You can then acquire domains with the relevant extension for each language. For example, you can have both www.yourdomain.en (English) and www.yourdomain.es (
Spanish), and connect each domain to the corresponding Wix site.You can find the complete list of domain suffixes to choose when registering your domain here. Please note that if you choose this method, you will need to upgrade each site separately.