Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

Once you've upgraded to a premium plan and connected your own domain to your Wix site, you will no longer see "Wix" in your domain name.

Note: Your domain name will not automatically change once you upgrade to a premium plan. You will need to connect your own domain for the domain name to change.

Note: If you haven't yet purchased your own domain name, you can purchase one directly from Wix! To learn more about purchasing a domain from Wix, click here.

If you sign up for a Yearly Combo, Unlimited or eCommerce plan, you will receive a voucher to get a domain free for a year! Click here to learn more.

For the Wix Premium Learning Center, click here.

Replies(25 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • jules933

Replied by jules933 May 19, 2014

My Website www.fortress1st.com still has the Created With Wix.com at the bottom of each page. I purchased the premium unlimited package which stated Wix advertising is removed. Please remove it ASAP or I may start charging:-)

Thanks Jules

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso May 19, 2014

Hi,

I checked your site and I saw the text you are referring to.

This is only a text box which you can remove manually from your Wix site, by deleting the text box.

I removed this text box from your Wix site.

Please publish your site again, in order to update your live site.

Thank you,

Dina.

• victoriatsekidou

Replied by victoriatsekidou May 4, 2014

Hi,

I have had a premium package for few years and after swoping to a new website the wix adds appeared. I am still paying as always so please remove them. 

Thankk you

• Eyal Wix Team

Replied by Eyal May 4, 2014

Hey victoriatsekidou,

Please note that you have upgraded your site with a Connect Domain premium plan which does not support removal of Wix ads. You will need at least a Combo plan in order to remove Wix ads from your site. 

To upgrade your document, please go to My Account > click Upgrade your site under the site you want to upgrade.

You can find a video tutorial about how to upgrade and about "manage premium" here.

If you require any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Eyal, Wix Customer Support Team
  • lanasekhmet

Replied by lanasekhmet April 14, 2014

If our company purchases the  unlimited pkg $12.42 can we remove the wix from the name and have it read as ZZTransport.com.au. We are getting signage done and I need to confirm the web address asap.

Your assistant is greatly appreciated :)

• Shai Wix Team

Replied by Shai April 14, 2014

Hello,

In order to change the address of your website, you will need to buy a domain name (specifically in your case, ZZTransport.com.au).

Once the domain name has been registered, you will need to connect it to your Wix website. In order to do that, please follow the steps here. Please note that connecting a domain name to a Wix website is a premium feature, so you will need a premium package.

If you need further assistance please contact us.

Shai - Wix Support
  • laurentjaspers1

Replied by laurentjaspers1 March 30, 2014

Dear Wix,

I subscribed to the premium account 'COMBO' yesterday because i did not want ads appearing on my website, At it states on the account features the Combo account is shown with the feature 'Remove Wix Ads' 
    However, when the site loads on a slighly slower connection, for example on a mobile phone below, the WIX ads do very clearly still show up, more than long enough to read. I find this in the source code of the page too, reading "ShowWixWhileLoading"

This is very clearly a wix advertisement, and I have the right to see my website without this, as I have payed $100 for this to be removed. I hope this is a technical error that can be solved asap, if not I believe i have the right to demand my money back.

regards

• Anat Wix Team

Replied by Anat March 30, 2014

Hey,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I've fixed this for you.

Please take a look and let us know that it is OK on your end.

Thanks,

Anat - Wix Team
  • krosskulchamaui Premium VIP

Replied by krosskulchamaui February 22, 2014

I dont see any Wix banner just site created by Wix

• Tali Wix Team

Replied by Tali February 22, 2014

Hey

I have answered your query here.

Please only reply to the thread in the link, so we can keep track of the correspondence and avoid any delay in our response.

Thank you,

Tali, Wix Team
  • edwrdsrt

Replied by edwrdsrt January 27, 2014

i have upgrade to the monthly UNLIMITED package days ago but i am getting a sub-domain name(with WIX). Can you fix this please as your UNLIMITED package says it does remove any ads and anyone can connect their own domain.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso January 27, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, I am not sure as what Wix ads are you referring to.

I have visited your site: http://www.knixter.com/ , but I couldn't locate ' WIX ' within your site.

Please send us a screen shot as where exactly you see Wix subdomain or Wix ads.

You can find step by step instructions here .

To upload a screen shot:

Thank you,

Dina.

• cetinkolseda

Replied by cetinkolseda January 18, 2014

Although I have taken the premium package ads are still not getting up. even manage the site at the image on the left side of my home page at the top of a small premium writes with purple color. but do not remove the ads. please help.

• Tom Wix Team

Replied by Tom January 18, 2014

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Please note that the Premium Package which you've purchased (Connect Domain) does not include removing the Wix ads from your site. 

To remove the Wix Ads from your site you will need to upgrade to a more advanced package. Please note that you can re-upgrade your existing document to a more advanced package - you will only be charged for the difference. 

You can also use the following coupons to receive a discount on the yearly Unlimited/eCommerce premium packages!

If you require any further assistance in the future please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Tom

Wix Team

• hoursofsalvationchur

Replied by hoursofsalvationchur January 3, 2014

i purchased a premium plan and yet i still have wix on my domain, even while you specified on the premium package that the payment is including domain name without wix. please how do we go about it

• Alina Wix Team

Replied by Alina January 3, 2014

Hey, 

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

After you purchase your Wix Premium yearly package (Combo, Unlimited, eCommerce), simply go to "My Account" -> "Manage Premium" -> "Vouchers and click on the voucher link next to your package under "Free Domain".

Click here for detailed instructions about how to claim your Wix domain.
      When claiming your free Wix domain, simply follow the steps in this link to purchase a domain. In the purchase screen, you will see an option that lets you choose your free domain gift. You will see the discount applied to your total before you complete your purchase.

Please let us know should you require any further assistance. 

Thanks, 

Alina, Wix Support Team
  • SeanMaltesePatterson

Replied by SeanMaltesePatterson November 21, 2013

I upgraded and still have this lame

"© 2023 by Name of Template. Proudly created with Wix.com". 

I thought upgrading removes all this stuff.  Very uncool,very disappointing, and very misleading.  I've made other websites with your company before and didn't have this problem.  This needs to be corrected

• Anat Wix Team

Replied by Anat November 21, 2013

Hey,

Thanks for contacting Wix support.

This was a simple text that I had removed by selecting and clicking the delete button, it has nothing to do with the upgrade (which removes the Wix ad banners at the top and bottom of your site).

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance. 

Anat - Wix Team
  • Leah Wix Team

Replied by Leah February 16, 2013

Hey farmgirldesigns,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I understand that you are not referring to the site 'woodfield' but to a different site? If so, to which site are you referring to? 

Please note that the first message was regarding ads on the live premium site when accessed through Google, and hence this confusion arose. 

Sincerely, Leah Wix Team

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets